Monday, January 22, 2007

Just a few things and links...for now...

Finally, I am back in front of the laptop blogging after a busy week of many many hours of sitting in high-level and oftentimes ebullient meetings, brainstorming sessions, and strategic planning huddles for Avenue Square. However, my head is still not yet anywhere above this current pile of works yet to be accomplished and I am just taking this short break as a chance to be able to work on one of my newest interests, and that is, of course, blogging.

Awhile ago, I met John Michael Rico - whom I suspect to be one of the rising stars, if not a stalwart already, of this overachieving Robredo administration that, for many years now, has been behind all these innovative and multi-awarded programs of the city government - who videotaped and interviewed me, albeit impromptu, for a certain project he and his team are currently working on. Said project, as I was told, is anchored on the "Proud Ako Nagueńo" ad campaign of the city of Naga. For your convenience, hereunder is the video and the music that have been very familiar already to all of us here in Naga nation.



Mike is a longtime friend. I remember working with him - and having a good time - as a fellow writer in The Democrat in college and if my memory serves me correctly right now, in The Trailblazer in high school at the University of Nueva Caceres (UNC) where I finished secondary school and took up my first academic course before seeking respite from that arduous life of a self-supporting student-cum-scholar and eventually, transferring to the Ateneo de Naga University for my Development Communication degree. We are also fellows (organization-mates/'brothers'), both being alumni-members of the Society of Junior Fellows, an honor organization based in UNC. (Another fellow who remains to be another important fixture at the city hall is no other than highly regarded blogger Willy Prilles).

In our quick chat that ensued after that interview, I told him that I get disoriented every time I read about him being referred to as a graphic artist when I have always known him to be a prolific writer and an eagle-eyed editor. I teased him about being able to successfully 'diversify' and reinvent himself over the years.

He just flashed a smile and moved on with his business.

I am happy for the man, as I am happy for all those whom I have known in the past, especially those who got to have a share of the bad times, and who are now doing pretty well in their present lives. I believe we all deserve some ray of light.

To cap this story about him, I found out that Mike has already built a 'house' for this new passion of his.

Meantime, you may want to check these --- I came across this article in the Inquirer that foretells a Filipino revolution in the blogosphere and connects me to another article of the same author who believes that bloggers and journalists are not one.

Hmm, what do you guys think?

Also, are you interested in some late Nineteenth and early Twentieth century music? If yes, check this out!

Amazing, isn't it?!

My time's up.

Let's continue to be happy and proud of ourselves, our passions, and our heritage!

Have an awesome week everyone!

No comments: