Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More Prayers...

With Tim's sister Meng, my girlfriend Erica, my cousin's newly born child, my Nanay Aida, my lola O-ne, my Tita Eva, my other relatives and loved ones, and all those who are now afflicted with some form of illness and suffering - physical, spiritual, emotional - (including myself) in mind, I utter these prayers ---


Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.

Saint Augustine

----

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen.

----

O good Jesus, I accept willingly this sickness [or trial] which it has pleased you to lay upon me. I confide all my pains to your Sacred Heart, and beg you to unite them with your bitter sufferings, and thus perfect them by making them your own.

Since I cannot render you the praise due to you because of the multitude of my sorrows and afflictions, I ask you to praise God the Father for all I suffer, with the same tribute of praise you offered him when your agony on the Cross was at its height.

As you thanked him with all the powers of your soul for all the sufferings and injustice which he willed you should endure, so, I pray you, give him thanks for my trials also. Offer my sufferings, physical and spiritual, to him together with your most holy pains to his eternal honor and glory. Amen.

----

O God, our refuge and strength,
comfort of all who suffer,
help me with your power
and make me well again.
You promised that you would
"turn our mourning into dancing."
Turn my sorrow into joy,
and my weakness into strength,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.





Together, let's say more prayers...

in chants...
in silence...

No comments: